Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 19 July 2020

A new sunbird sighting for BK

It was least expected but most delightful when I walked upon the Ruby-cheeked Sunbird and its sub-adult having a day out.  It was the rapid movements and calls that drew attention although I almost passed it off as another sunbird, challenging to shoot as I was pretty exhausted from just emerging from an off-road trail.
So when this fella simply popped up right in front of me, as if asking to be photographed, I did.  And so this was a first sighting for me of this sunbird species in Bukit Kiara.






When another appeared, naturally I thought it was a pair until a playback revealed it to be a sub-adult.




It was no wonder that the parent was calling out like to a recalcitrant child.  So what did the parent do when it was ignored?  Preened while waiting for the young one to appear.







No comments: