Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 24 September 2021

Repeat warbler visitor

 The Arctic Warbler (Phyloscopus borealis) has been a repeat migrant visitor for the past years and this is a good year that I have been able to capture its presence this early in the taman, only a couple of weeks after similar sightings being reported elsewhere.

However it was a challenge again to capture its diagnostic feature to firmly identify it as this one kept very much to the upper canopy.  With the two 'magic trees' by the river gone, it's not easy nowadays to get any birds down for eye-level images.

Nevertheless with some luck the dark-tipped beak was enabled visible.

05/2021







2 comments:

erin said...

Sorry I don’t have any other way to contact you. I would love to purchase a copy of your book AtHome in the Park for my bird loving homeschooling family! I have scoured the internet but can find nowhere to buy it. Do you know where I can get a copy right now? I contacted MPH but they didn’t respond. What a wonderful book, thank you for writing it! Thanks, Erin israel

Roselyn Chuah said...

My sincere apologies that I've just seen your request. You can try get it at Kinokuniya Malaysia online. Thank you for your comments.