Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 17 October 2021

Much missed goshawk

 I felt like I had met up with an old friend again when I walked into this adult Crested Goshawk (Accipiter trivirgatus), perching quietly.  Then it dawned on me why there was so much commotion in the immediate area.



Even this little fella, a Black-winged Flycatcher-shrike, ventured down and near, gesticulated for reasons I couldn't fathom.





Then everything seemed to quieten down, I guessed when the smaller avians realised that this one was pretty harmless for the time being.

And I waited, and waited, for an hour, and nothing happened as she merely perched there.  I scanned the area hoping to spot another, perhaps that's why she was there. Nil!

She merely created some photo opps when she flexed momentarily.
One hour later, Patience still sat there.





But I needed more, so I walked off, in search again.
When I returned more than an hour later, she was still there, and not the least concerned when I walked behind her for shots, and even round.




And finally she was gone when I returned another hour later.








No comments: