Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 11 April 2022

Perhaps the longest courtship, Part I


 It has been two month's of intense courting already, its calls also the time alarm for many at the crack of dawn, not at all welcoming for neither early nor late risers, and even a harbinger for the superstitious.  
Nevertheless you persisted, morning, noon and late afternoon to evening too.

When I first spotted you, you seemed to be still at the same game, still courting your Lady Love, but with a more muted koo...ooo ... koo...ooo, perhaps restrained by the fig in beak?

And almost a week later you're still hogging this tree, koo...ooo ever so softly away, but now territorial too.

I'm convinced by now that your middle name is Patience as I walked off a couple of times and back, and you're still there, a silent vocaliser as I perceived but could not pick out your soundless throaty movements.



And then you decided to do the unexpected, flying down to sprawl out! It seemed like an aggressive move as the smaller birds were flying in and out around you.

I didn't think it was a need to dry out because the weather had been hot and dry.




But I guessed it was as you preened.



And there you were at it again, flat out and almost lazily that you allowed me to walk about for the best zoom angle.






And here we go again!





The Asian Koel (Eudynamys scolopaceus) is a large bird of the Cuculidae family of cuckoos.  And so I thought, perhaps you'll present me with a 'cuckoo pose'?


And hardly had I finished my thoughts, you read my mind?!  Loving your 'ballerino' pose!





It felt like you knew you were being watched, so put on a performance!




 Unfortunately, there's still no Lady Love and yet you still loafed around, still territorial chasing off the smaller birds.






And you seemed to have a favourite branch, for you came down again, the silent vocaliser!





I'm afraid by now I've exhausted my patience so decided to leave you, Besotted One, to continue your wait.






















No comments: