Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 27 January 2023

A 'tiger' first

I really couldn't recall when I've recorded a Tiger Shrike passing its entire migrant season in the bukit, but this could possibly be a first.  


And when I left it and walked on, it must have decided to go the same way  for it suddenly flew in further down where I was loitering, hoping for always a significant sighting.

It was most obliging as I closed in as it simply sat there even as it observed me, and there could only be one reason.




And so it still remained and continued to keep its own watch.



Reminding myself to be watchful lest I missed the expected, but alas, all it took was a mere second look-away and ....

... there it was, further inward with a catch!



And then what else subsequently, but indulging in its characteristic habit after a meal.




No comments: