Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 3 January 2020

Cuckoo treat

Sometimes a bird is so confiding that one gets carried away with clicking at it.  This is the case with this young Indian Cuckoo that when I checked my download it was to discover that I had one too many (really an understatement! and not to sound ungrateful too!), and it took a while to select the favs. And so the delayed posting ....

I went round in search of the young Indian Cuckoo when was told that it had been seen in another part of the taman, little did I know that I would cross path with it, just as it was aiming for a prey.  And a fat one it managed to get!





I supposed my presence prevented it from devouring its catch immediately.




It continued to look my way as it held on to the larva, giving me a priceless shot!


This hold-on went on for seconds.



As expected it had to hit the larva before swallowing it.


Finally it hopped round to face me.





Looked like it was finally going to swallow it.



Nope, it took another try before it was finally gone.




Then I couldn't walk away simply because it was still there!  I had to know what it was up to next, perhaps going for another catch.
Whatever it was it allowed me to encircle it trying to better my shots.



And then it performed, perhaps a bird got tired too if it perched in one position for too long.  First to flex was its wings, then a leg.







Then a bonus round when it turned its back to me, and continued!







And then it was all over as it took off.




No comments: