Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 22 June 2020

A Leafbird 'appetiser', and butterfly

I guess most birders were looking forward to walk the parks and forest edges again after the MCO, hoping that that elusive bird has emerged when human beings disappear, and perhaps it's still about the places.
Sadly it was not to be with the taman so up the bukit I went.  Bird songs greeted me, and a little tip from the guard also spurred me on.  However it was just that - the bukit looked fresh and inviting and bird songs remained what they were.
I'm reminded of what I told myself during the MCO, be grateful the birds are still there, momentarily just not in sight.  
So I have to content with merely one notable sighting, the momentary appearance of the Blue-winged Leafbird, triumphant with an insect catch and a fruit harvest.  I'll have to treat this sighting as an appetiser then, hopefully there'll be future delectables!








Nevertheless I was rewarded too with gorgeous blooms like this, visited by an equally gorgeous swallowtail butterfly, the Papilio Polytes, or Common Mormon.



No comments: