Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 25 February 2022

A trail less taken

 Birding in Bukit Kiara can truly be a comfortable activity because a lot of both common and uncommon birds can be sighted along the tarmac road.  However learning of a couple of rare sightings of a thrush and robin spurred me to attempt the hiking trails.  And certainly not disappointing in terms of bird calls for there seemed to be aplenty but alas, not of sightings.  The mostly intertwining and twisted foliage plus challenging terrain do not encourage easy sightings.

But it was without regret anyway when to my surprise, I arrived at the much touted Bamboo Grove and the Twin Peaks after almost losing tracks.




I only learnt later that the following image constitutes one of the famed 'Cat's Eyes' if the bamboo canopy is viewed in perspective, for which I would have then creatively tweaked my focus!



I guess it doesn't take much imagination if the two adjacent trails were placed side by side  ...




and ta-daaaah ... the Cat's Eyes!








No comments: