Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 11 July 2022

Kingfisher of BK

 Someone once asked me if a kingfisher can be seen in the bukit and I confidently answered 'No' and urged the person to go to TRK for it.

And how wrong was I when I came across this White-throated Kingfisher hunting in the pond area close to the 'snake' path/fence.  I supposed this part of the bukit could be considered low elevation which accounts for the presence of this kingfisher  that is a common resident of sub-urban and urban areas, and forest edges.

It's one of those times I was glad to be proven wrong!




No comments: