Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 9 July 2022

The now iconic bird of TRK

When I saw this Grand Old Man at his command post, I wanted more, perhaps there're three or more now?  How can we perpetuate their presence here?

We seem to have lost the iconic Oriental Pied Hornbill of the taman, and perhaps its gap could now be filled by this Nightjar.


A couple of days later I saw it again, perched grandly, looking very much at home and unperturbed by the numerous unexpected visitors at the other end of the taman (as I learnt were myriad parties of varied responsibilities there to preside over the fate of the taman). 


With a sense of foreboding I wonder how long can we who care continue to protect those like this family who have made Taman Rimba Kiara home?



I've always wondered whether the new addition was a male or female, and it's male after all, one that's all matured now.






No comments: