Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 6 April 2024

How many, anyone's guess, Part I

 So, how many of us?



All in one tree, albeit different times but within the hour.

It's that time of the year when migratory birds are leaving for their homes and breeding grounds, and these male Yellow-rumped Flycatchers were too, displaying different breeding plumages.

These birds certainly gave me a spinning time when one after another, sometimes two, perhaps more, kept flying in to the same tree, but unfortunately not low and close.

But I'm not complaining. 

I ventured to narrow them down to the following, I might be wrong.  Nevertheless but it's a record to get more than one, foraging in the same tree.




No comments: