Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 1 January 2022

To my honey-buzzard!

To what is desired
To what is

As I trawled the taman in hope of another memorable sighting, this immature Oriental Honey-Buzzard (Pernis ptilorhyncus) flew in to settle on one of the taller trees, but for only seconds  even as I thought it would stay as it started to preen.  But then it was off.

21/2021





And then it appeared as suddenly again, circling almost directly above where I was standing and scanning for it, and it was pure delight and on a whisper of gratitude, mindful that as a 'bad birdwatcher' puts it '... revel in what you see rather than what you want to see', I tried to do it justice as I zoomed in.

For a self-indulgent moment, I felt that it returned to display for me, as it slowly circled and thermal up and away!









Happy New Year!



No comments: