Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 26 February 2020

A little 'folk' of a raptor

When I saw the little exquisite Black-thighed Falconet from afar, I was hoping that there would be more than one because falconets do hang out together.  And indeed one more joined most promptly, and never mind that these two were so far away.


 
 

And as usual the dearest wish was for it to come closer, and one certainly did!


And even closer ... could not have asked for more when it spent a little time to preen too.



But I was most intrigued when I noticed how it was perching, like a little man, especially in the way it had its wing folded backward, and I have to add that this was truly the first time I noticed its posture.  Well, it may be feared as the smallest raptor but it's truly an adorable one!




No comments: