Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 29 February 2020

A little 'golden' bird

As I was about to step into my car, a tiny image flew past me, and then again.  Then it fluttered as it tried to pick at the tip of the pine needle and I got a clearer image of the Golden-bellied Gerygone.  I was thrilled as I've been trying to get better shots of this bird since my first encounter with it in the taman, and now it's practically at my doorstep.
This 10cm bird is a common resident but generally not easy to spot or encounter, and even more difficult to photograph because it moves speedily and continuously but stands out because of its yellow underside.






No comments: