Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 3 February 2020

Repeat migrant visitors

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into a bird wave, of both migrant and local (of which one provided a real surprise, more of this in the next posting).  So I guessed when it rained it could pour too!
It might just be the Ashy Minivet and the Arctic Warbler but when the taman had been too quiet lately, these birds did brighten up the avian atmosphere here.
The Ashy Minivet came and looked like it was lording over the place, not seen to forage but perch and observe!




Then to be very sure that I had the id of this warbler right, I had to double my effort to get this bird from different angles.




No comments: