Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Thursday 1 September 2022

Two in one

 I bore some hope when I headed up the bukit, not high as it's still relatively early in the season for migrants to arrive here although elsewhere their presence had already been happily reported.  And then, there, one had arrived after all, or so I thought.

And I still thought as I headed almost triumphantly home that I've got some pretty open images of the newly arrived Amur Paradise Flycatcher in a bird wave.

And then the second surprise when I screened the images, it was not just of an Amur but there's also that of the Blyth's Paradise Flycatcher, two species after all in a single bird wave! 


It was that flash of brown of the Amur Paradise Flycatcher that first caught the attention.

02/2022
03/2022




And the downloaded images happily revealed that the Blyth's was there too, and it's a thrilling record because it's only my second one of the Blyth's here having first sighted it last year.







No comments: