Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 2 December 2022

Probably the only robin visitor

 It sped right before my eyes, then the calls, and coupled with the shape, I held my breath.  Could it be as I've not heard of its sighting anywhere in the country yet.

Then the glimpse that started my frenzy to find the best angles.

15/2022


And finally the Siberian Blue Robin (Larvivora cyane) consented with a full view.
It's not the first time this bird has visited the bukit.  Having heard of its sighting a couple of years back, it was just inevitable that I have to have its image for record.



It was pretty alert to my presence as I manoeuvered below along the narrow trail to get some open shots which caused it to remain high and distant.


The single time it came lower but kept its distance.


And then up it went again.


And then off it flew, to what seemed like the less disturbed side of the bukit.









No comments: