Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Old fella Hornbill

Encountering this Oriental Pied Hornbill is like encountering an old friend, except that this one is camera shy, will take off immediately if one approached too close.  And I say, actually that's not too bad because being too friendly may be detrimental to its existence!
Nevertheless I am thrilled every time I see this fella, and she looks just as good against this old palm tree despite not being able to get her whole in one frame.
First saw her on this bare tree but before I could approach for a better pic, she flew right across into the palm tree and it actually took me a while before I could locate her again.


She had just swallowed a palm fruit when I got this image.






Looking good even if seen from down under only!


Got another fruit but flew off with it, perhaps to another somewhere?!  Nay, not likely although it would certainly excellent if there's another somewhere!


No comments: