Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 3 March 2018

Otter!

It was such a thrilling morning as I knew something big was in the river when I heard loud splashing sounds.  When I rushed to find out, it came as a complete shock when I saw three Smooth-coated Otters playing in the water.  Unfortunately, the undergrowth was simply too dense and the Otters were splashing around for only a short while, so no shots, so off and down to the river side, hoping to catch at least a further glimpse.  And there it was, one scampering up the opposite slope, too fast for even a record shot.
     So, fingers crossed, that it would appear again the next morning, and patience paid off when one came by, to the same spot, splashed alone for seconds before it sensed me and scooted up and away.



Looked like it was going for fish because this part is frequently seen teeming with fishes.


Finally sensed my presence.


Took a longer look before it scampered off.  If only, it's not so camera-shy!




I believe Otters are known to be highly intelligent animals and this one proved so because I have not come across any animal that looked back when it had scooted off!


No comments: