Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 14 April 2018

Perhaps another fatal strike, Part V

I had a sudden uneasy feeling when I saw this tail behind the cut-off tree trunk.  This is part of the area where the young Lineated Barbet plays around, as it's just right in front of its nest.


On zooming in, I saw this partial body emerge and my fears just ballooned.  The Crested Goshawk was seen to be tugging at something behind the trunk.


And what's that on its bill?



It flew off immediately when it sensed my presence, and I spotted something clasped in its right claw.  Trying desperately to zoom in where the bird had landed, I could only managed the following blurry images, which indeed revealed something at the right claw.
Oh dear, Oh dear, could it be another one gone?!




And it was only in the morning that I had managed a couple more shots of the adorable juvy.




No comments: