Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Dispute as fuzzy as the birds

I was drawn by a ruckus in the dark and shady underpart of shrubs and bushes, and was taken aback when out flew a bird.  Quickly taking aim I was surprised to see the Red-eyed Bulbul emerging to fly into the shade again, perching on a low branch.  This bird is seen infrequently in the taman, and rarely do I come across it in any undergrowth.  
Did a territorial clash just occur, after all both birds that emerged were non-resident?


Following behind it came this Brown Shrike and straight into the shade, looked at me and perhaps thought I didn't see it, happily proceeded to preen.
I have decided to keep these images fuzzy because these was how the bird look and stay cool just above the ground.





No comments: