Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 8 September 2020

A surprise of a Hawk-eagle

 I guess it's all about timing.  Just as I stepped up to my favourite spot to scan for any avian activity, this Changeable Hawk-Eagle fled into the tree, pursued by squawking Crows. 

And so it's species no 103 to be sighted in the taman!


This big one had to balance itself as it came to rest!



Going by the tell-tale feather on its claw, I wonder if it had lost its prey or just consumed it.  Perhaps it just completed a meal as it proceeded to clean its bill.

I must add this was the first time I saw a bird clean its tongue!






And then it promptly left, but could still be heard to be calling out, then circled above before it flew out of sight.

No comments: