Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 7 September 2020

When the birds come a-calling

 Sometimes I could be walking for a couple of hours in the taman without a memorable click and I count it fortunate on an occasion like this when I encountered such vibrant presence and activities.  So in the absence of foreign visitors I was more than happy to be entertained by these residents.

An immature Brown-throated Sunbird allowed some seconds of clicks.



Walking further on, this Large Woodshrike literally landed right above me that I had to back-step to get at it.



Crossing to the other side of the taman, this young Racket-tailed Drongo was waiting at the edge of the field before it flew off upon my approach.



Attracted by the calls of the Lineated Barbets I hurried along and barely made out a family foraging.


The presence of the sub-adult was only discernible when it broke away to flex and feed.









No comments: