Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 29 March 2020

Malkoha's poor choice

Archive image
I was obviously the intruder here but no matter, I got my shot and I moved on quickly because this Green-billed Malkoha was actually trying to build a nest in a low shrub.  Unfortunately because of its location (just by joggers' path so close to constant human traffic) and choice of low shrub, the partial nest was abandoned.
But because of its attempt I was able to observe it and its mate at closer and lower range than would be possible.



No comments: