Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 2 March 2020

Young Cuckoo

I almost missed it in the backlight as it looked like a single brown leaf on a bare branch until I walked past and something got me to look back.  So, the young Indian Cuckoo was still around but I guessed as it grew it's now more skittish because it took off instantly as it sensed me, not to return as I waited.  Also, it was nowhere to be seen as I tried to seek it out.
Nevertheless I'm still keen to track its presence in the taman as I'm unsure if this is a resident or migrant.



No comments: