Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 8 March 2020

The Golden-bellied Gerygone gave me plenty to look forward too when I guessed that there could be a nest in the making, on top of having me run to sight it when I heard its calls.



It was indeed actively gathering materials.




Unfortunately by the time I discovered its nest, and a gorgeous one at that, it had looked abandoned.  Perhaps it was too exposed because it was right in front of an entrance into the building.



And one was last seen waiting by its nest.  Will it return?




No comments: