Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Catch for Kite, catch for Kingfisher

I have told myself that I must regularly scan the ground for sightings too but each time I forgot.  This time it cost me a shot of the Brahminy Kite which was already on the grass with a prey and shocked me by taking off as I approached!  Again, it was a chase to locate where it had landed, as usual up high again.
Looked like a frog this time!


And looked like it had grasped a clawful of twigs too as it tried to disentangle the excess!


Not too sure if it looked pleased with its catch!  Nevertheless it's food.




Oops, something certainly displeased it although scanning around nothing seemed amiss.



Meanwhile, at the same time, I was alerted to a smaller one, also with a prize catch.  The White-throated Kingfisher seemed to have caught one too big this time as it struggled with its fish. 
Again the happy frustration of having too many good things happening simultaneously, and able to be at only one place at a time!!



No comments: