Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Thursday 17 January 2019

Entertained by Waterhens

It's always a joy to come across the White-breasted Waterhen, and when I found two out to forage I was rather thrilled, especially when these two were unaware of my presence, took their time to forage and preen.  These water birds are usually so shy that they will take off immediately if they sense any human presence.  Thus, I couldn't get enough of them when I found them going about blissfully.



I couldn't be more entertained by these two....




An almost picture perfect moment for me.


Going about their own business when tired of the other's company.




It's also rare to see this bird preening in the open, which it did obviously thinking that there's no immediate danger around.






And then it's the other's turn, being slouchy or simply tired!



Birds too display curiosity like us, as this one reminded me when it approached the other, enquiringly.








Looked like nothing of interest there, so better leave.


And then they were together again.


I guessed preening could take place any time and any where!


And finally these two parted company again, and upon closer examination they looked like an adult/parent and a sub-adult.




No comments: