Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 16 January 2019

One lazy Lizard

This one truly stopped me in my track and I had to do a double take.  It's the first time I had seen a Monitor Lizard just by the running path.  It's pretty lucky that it's not 'hunting' time which happened most afternoons as I had seen someone with dogs on the hunt for these creatures.
This was an adult and had curled its tail round the other side of the tree that I was unable to fit it in one frame.



Anyway it did look pretty harmless snoozing away, or so I thought.


 As I approached nearer for a closer look, I was shocked to see it popped open an eye although it hardly moved, must be in a real comfort zone.
Needless to say, this being one of my favourite spots to look out for birds has turned out to be a forbidden area for any birds to forage or perch, at least for the time being.



No comments: