Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 14 January 2019

The Kingfishers share

Following the tussle of meal between the Goshawks, I ran into this pair of White-throated Kingfishers which revealed another interesting feeding style.
It's obvious that this one had just caught a beetle and as I have seen before, it knocked the insect a few times and tried to swallow it, or so I thought, but when it didn't I thought it was playing with its food.







One would think it was going to swallow its prey this time.


But no, it didn't!



Would it this time?



It's nay again.





It took me by surprise as it flew suddenly across to this one on the opposite branch, and handed over its catch.  What a contrast to what I had just witnessed with the Goshawks.



Perhaps I was too close for comfort, this one took off with its food.


I hoped it wasn't blaming me for catching them in the act!



No comments: