Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 2 March 2018

Takeaway for Juvenile

I didn't realise that I had just walked under a bird with a prey until this Crested Goshawk flew off right above me.  I knew it had something between its claws so giving chase, I was fortunate to spot it again.
I thought it had a snake until I zoomed in.





And zooming in, I could also see how tight its grip was over its prey.



And it was constantly calling out as if to another.



It also came as a shock when I saw that it had already bitten off the head of its prey.




And then I was taken by surprise when it flew off suddenly into its nest and before I could even take aim, I saw the Juvenile fly in from one of the branches.  So, it looked like it was calling out to the Juvenile to be at the nest to receive its meal!



And it looked like the little one wasted no time to set on mummy's 'takeaway'. 



After a satisfactory meal.




No comments: