Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 26 December 2021

Unassuming pigeon beauty

 As I made my way up the bukit, I could have simply walked past this beauty if I had not sensed a stir among the leaves.


The Pink-necked Pigeon (Treron vernans) is commonly sighted in the bukit that its presence is taken for granted but pause, and one always takes delight at its beauty.  Although this bird is generally a lowland species, it is now regularly to be seen up the hill too, drawing attention to its presence by its unmistakable flappings.

Sensing that I was just a harmless onlooker, this female ventured slowly to savour the flower.





And a couple of hours later, how appropriate to be greeted by the male as I was about to leave the bukit, a more attractive version with its lightly pinkish head, and orange patch at breast (though not visible here).







No comments: