Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Monday 30 September 2019

The other Shrike

I have been waiting to spot the Brown Shrike ever since I saw the Tiger Shrike.  And finally it was there, ever so skittish.  This meant then that I had to pursue it as stealthily as possible as it was flying from undergrowth to tree branch, and back and forth to escape focus.

And there it was sitting quietly until spotted and thus began the chase to get closer to it.
7/2019



Shooting between broad leaves and hoping it'll appear in the open, which it finally did simply because I was hidden from sight, behind a tree.




It finally spotted me and fled.


No comments: