Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 5 October 2021

The other shrike visitor

 I believe this Brown Shrike (Lanius cristatus) is a newly-arrived visitor going by its rather sedentary nature.  It sat there preening and scanning for an unusually longer period uncharacteristic of its normal behaviour when it spotted a human presence.

I would expect this immature shrike to remain here to the end of the season unlike the earlier tiger shrike which was no where to be sighted now.

07/2021


Having spotted my movement this bird would normally have fled.


But it stayed on to preen, and a couple of feathers could be seen to be dishevelled as if after a long flight journey.






And I thought this was it as it assumed a 'discharge' position but it was not to be as it was merely stretching, and it continued to flex every part of its body, which seemed to affirm my theory of its current arrival.








Merely fluffling.




And it finally fled.  I guessed it had had enough of me!






No comments: