Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 7 October 2022

For the Shrikes

 After spotting one, or rather two in Bukit Kiara, I made it an endeavour to spot the same in TRK because these are birds that would frequent these 'twin' locations, and my cup indeed brimmed with contentment when finally I sighted the Tiger Shrike in the taman.






And the bonus came when this Brown Shrike flew right across my path when I was on the way out, and was uncharacteristically relaxed at its perch even as I approached nearer for shots.





And inevitably I have to compare this adult bird with the first one I sighted in early September, an immature or first winter Shrike.









No comments: