Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 30 June 2018

Greetings, Goshawk

It was after the rain and the air was cool, so I should not be surprised to see this immature out enjoying the evening air.  Still, I was pleasantly surprised, truly delighted to spot it.


And almost at the same time, the Crested Goshawk sensed my presence.


Must be looking enquiringly at the reflecting glass of the camera!


I went round immediately to try and capture its back image, and was thrilled when it started to stretch, displaying its fresh pristine feathers, and what a beauty!





And again it must have sensed my presence, to gaze back.


As suddenly, it hopped around to face me.  
It's indeed a birder's dream to encounter a bird in such an open manner.


No comments: