Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 13 December 2019

An uncommon Bittern migrant

When this one flew past me, I thought it was simply another bird that I had flushed out with my tailorbird ringtone!  However a brief glimpse of what looked like dark sandy brown colour pricked my interest and I simply had to track it, and it was right across the full width of the pond.
However, it turned out to be a situation of was it or was it not, simply because of poor image. It was also a situation of it could have been a mega lifer, but under the circumstances this bird was accepted as a Cinnamon Bittern, nevertheless another new species sighted, No 101; also a new migrant arrival, an uncommon migrant to a place like the taman.
25/2019




No comments: