Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 7 December 2019

Bee-eaters in flight

I have planned to go after the bee-eaters only after these birds are more matured, ie. assume richer plumage.  But when I saw this Blue-tailed Bee-eater at eye level, I thought I should make my maiden attempt to capture it in flight, from the second it took off till it returned to base again.
However its flight speed was so astounding that I only managed a poor capture of it in flight (terribly blurred wing movements), so I guessed I had to work pretty hard on my next attempt.






Just when I thought it was coming towards me, it deftly swerved.




And then another flew in, providing another opportunity, again not up to mark, except that this time it provided a different view as it flew in the opposite direction.








My last attempt when the bird came back although it kept farther away this time, but it truly showed its fantastic diving skill as it somersaulted through the air.  And I felt that this flight skill could only be appreciated through still images and not video because this bird was simply too swift and its remarkable skill would be lost to the naked eyes.














No comments: