Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Thursday 5 December 2019

Berries again

When I first chanced upon the bunch of metallic blue berries, I had thought that it was a one-off so I was most pleasantly surprised when I came across more than a couple of them again.  However this time these berries seemed to grow most naturally off a proper plant.  As expected these fruits must be toxic as absolutely no living creatures were seen near them.




And then to my delight, when I zoomed in I saw these centipedes on the flowering stalk.



I recall too how when the plant had wilted, it would still continue to bear those berries.  Curiouser, and curiouser, as a little girl was heard to say, or I'll say never say never!


No comments: