Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Only a second Tweedale encounter

I guessed I was just as surprised as the Oriental Honey-buzzard, Tweedale morph when it flew down and sighted me.  This was rare because this bird normally perched high, not to mention that it was not as regularly sighted, much to the dismay of many birder friends who had come over numerous times hoping to sight it.



I supposed it was reacting to my camera as I aimed at it, perhaps never so up close with one.


It continued to react.


Truly an uncommon occasion to view it up close, a stunning and gorgeous bird indeed!






No comments: