Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 12 August 2018

Unmoved Goshawk

The shrieking calls of the taman iconic bird, the Oriental Pied Hornbill, had me trying to seek it out.  And then I stumbled upon this one, sitting out the hot afternoon.  
Unfortunately, the hornbill was difficult to sight and I had to be contented with just its calls, which sounded like it was trying to scare off this sub-adult Crested Goshawk.
And I have to say that this one truly looked gorgeous from any angle.




The back feathers looked stunning.


I was lucky that the bird was in a relaxed mood as it stretched and fluffed, so allowed me time to shoot it at leisure although lighting was a challenge as the Goshawk was in the shade and refused to move.  So, using different exposure function gave the bird different shades, and I got to say, moods.




No comments: