Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 26 September 2018

Flycatcher at the bukit

While walking down Bukit Kiara after the encounter with the beautiful amur paradise flycatcher, I had my first sighting of the more common Asian Brown Flycatcher, which has not been seen in the taman yet.





It would not have been easy to spot this tiny bird if not for its persistent calls, almost sounding distressed, and then I found out why as I walked further on.  This Crested Goshawk, just meters away, must be making it nervous.
The positive side of this was that the Flycatcher was so preoccupied that it allowed me ample time to get close-up shots, even to the point of encircling below it whilst it was hardly disturbed by my movements.



No comments: