Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 22 September 2018

Missing the Barbet

Nowadays, the Lineated Barbet is more heard than seen.  It's comforting though every time I hear the calls, knowing that these birds are still around.  So, not having seen them close up in recent days, I thought of sorting through images shot the last couple of weeks and managed to come up with this endearing collection of the birds.

Hearing the calls quite close by, I rush to seek out the birds and manage this cute hide-and-seek image, although it looked like one was sulking!



An adorable image of curiosity.


The following used to be the favourite haunt of the bird.




Trying to puff up and look tough, I supposed.


Always loved it when I chanced upon this bird preening, because of the gorgeous contrast of its feathers.



I kinda love this pic for the soft image of the bird against a dreamy background.


No comments: