Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 8 September 2018

Perplexed over the Goshawk

When I spotted this Crested Goshawk, I couldn't believe my eyes that it would perch down so low, eye-level, and by the pathways where people though a mere handful were taking their evening walk.  I managed a couple of quick shots and was making my approach for shots of its back before a motorbike came along and frightened it off the branch. Ah well, this is always the frustration of bird watching in a park, i.e. when you're about to get the next shot, someone will come along and disrupt the momentum.
The bird looked rather sad and forlorn that I was fooled momentarily that it could be hurt, that's the reason for its quiet low perch.  It looked like it was merely wet and simply trying to dry off although it's strange that it was doing so on a low perch.


Nevertheless, the images were still fascinating because these provided a study of its head profile - back, front and side!




The Goshawks in the taman had been behaving rather strangely as the very next day when I saw this one on the ground, it looked lost and even the white-throated kingfisher had the nerve to try and intimidate it, flying close against it as if trying to drive it off.  And all it did was looked around until I came close to it which I guessed made it fly off.




No comments: