Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Friday 17 May 2019

Deserving Woodpecker

When I see a bird often enough in the taman, I assume it will also be sighted in Bukit Kiara.  As I'm trying to maintain separate records for birds in the taman and the bukit, I've to remember to maintain my repeat entry.
This Woodpecker certainly deserved more than an entry.  It had prolonged its presence in my sight by its persistent calling.


Despite spotting me early, it was not at all bothered by my presence and clicking at it.





Nevertheless it refused to come out to the open and when it finally did by flying to another tree, I had to pursue it and eventually was offered only one window of brightness, a brilliant back view nevertheless.





No comments: