Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Tuesday 7 May 2019

Dramatic display by Sunbird

First there was the incessant calling which had me desperately scanning in case I missed it, which I knew to be a sunbird.  Then this female Brown-throated/Plain-throated Sunbird appeared only after seconds, and it was its frantic posturing that had me captivated, i.e. clicking earnestly, and scanning too, again in case something unexpected turned up. 






I had not seen a sunbird behaving like this before.





Eventually all that happened was that another one emerged so I guess all that flexing and tweetings were simply to call out to the other one, as both then simply flew away.




No comments: