Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Sunday 2 June 2019

A sad affair

Being away for more than a week, I was looking forward to have a story to tell when I stepped into the taman.  And I guess I have, a sad one!
As usual there was the lone Striated Heron who walked swiftly in the opposite direction as I tried to approach as stealthily as I could.  I felt lucky when I managed to snap at the right time when it dipped into the water.  But the delight quickly changed into horror when I noticed its immediate surrounding.
The river bank was simply filled with garbage, what looked like huge torn pieces of polyethylene plastic netting and plastic woven bags.  The river water was comparatively high and fast flowing probably due to daily past rainy days, so someone probably dumped those and thought the water would carry those discards downstream.
And I thought I had seen the worst, this river being shallow and by a decent neighbourhood!




No comments: