Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Surprised by Weaver

Sometimes it's just a shot in the dark and on this occasion, it was literally so as this bird suddenly flew out of the shrubs and up the tree.  Trying to be as swift as I can, following its flight into the dark and upper canopy of the tree, I was hoping for just a shot to be able to identify the bird as a glimpse of its plumage had already intrigued me.  And I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be a Baya Weaver, a female I believed, so unusual for it to have ventured so far to the other side of the taman as up to now, I've only sighted it close by the river.


No comments: