Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Thursday 27 June 2019

Little Flowerpecker bonus

Once again the lack of avian varieties led me to walk Bukit Kiara.  This place was also relatively quiet but just as I decided to call it a day following a rather lacklustre search, this cute little thing flew right in, very close to where I was standing pondering how long I should still stay, hoping that some bird, any bird would show up.
It was the Orange-bellied Flowerpecker, resident, yet not so regularly sighted.  To have it fly down to the bushes for its favourite berry-like fruits was an unexpected bonus.  In fact it was a pair that flew in but unfortunately the female chose to stay within the bushes and this male simply and absolutely commanded my full attention by virtue of its close proximity that I had no time to seek out the female.




This could easily be my favourite pose.



Soon after it crushed and swallowed its fruit meal, it scouted around for more but I guessed with no more suitably ripe ones in sight, it flew off as suddenly and rapidly as it flew in.




No comments: