Taman Rimba Kiara is a little green gem located in a corner of the TTDI residential area. The above flowering tree, the firmiana malayana or mata lembu, flashes in testimony to man's care-less-ness - it's one of only two trees in the park that had flowered, since then the tree had been chopped down.

Saturday 10 October 2020

Ab fyc finally arrived

 Again I took to the bukit when things were relatively quiet and managed to get my first Asian Brown Flycatcher.  

However it was not before I had a not too pleasant encounter when I was stopped from entering Bukit Kiara because I was carrying a 'big' camera on a tripod, and I had not applied for permission to take in the camera.  I offered a solution - that I would fold in my tripod and carry my camera separately, and it worked, I was allowed in with the camera! 😂

I was to learn later that rules on cameras were not properly explained and past down the line to enforcers.  Birders can carry their cameras in to the bukit; what needs permission is if the intent is to conduct filming.

Anyway after a long walk, the most significant sighting was the most regular visitor to both the bukit and the taman.  And it seemed to indulge my presence too.

09/2020









No comments: